Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

New Blog Section

In June 2007 Traci and I bought a house here in Washington. At the time it seemed like a wise decision...the market was strong, prices just kept rising, and houses were selling within days (sometimes hours) of listing. After an exhaustive search and weeks of fence-sitting we decided to take the plunge. Then, as we signed the papers I distinctively remember hearing a loud "POP". I didn't think much of it at the time, but I've since realized that it was the housing bubble, and we popped it!

As home values drop and houses sit on the market for extended periods of time (the house next door has been for sale for over a year), I've decided the best thing to do is pour more, yes more, money into this house. That's the logical thing to do after all, right?

To chronicle this "investment" I've decided to dedicate a section of my blog to the projects I undertake around here from time to time. With each one it becomes more apparent that I am definitely NOT a carpenter, and each time I swear that I'm done with the whole DIY (Do-It-Yourself) thing, but somehow I inevitably forget and try again. Anyway, to start things off I've posted some pictures below of a project I did in the playroom/office last year while Traci and Lucy were visiting her parents in Connecticut. Enjoy.

Before.

Cabinet Base Construction.

Finished Cabinet Frames With Counter/Seat Top.

After.

Paint and Baseboards (walls used to be beige).

Traci's Desk.

Comming Soon.
- Nursery
- TV Stand

2 Comments:

  1. lAuRa said...
    Not a carpenter, eh? coulda fooled me, it looks awesome! Love the colors. I wouldn't even attempt to do something like that. =)
    Cheri said...
    Hey Wade that looks great! You could have a side job when you get time lol! Let's see... new baby lots of work, maybe not.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home