In my work as a designer I stare at a computer screen all-day, every-day. I work on everything from tiny plastic trim pieces to large interior panels, and I'll often work for hours to fix a problem in the surface of part only to realize that said problem is smaller than .030 inches (that's less than the thickness of a credit-card). "Quantum Pixel Fixation" is a term coined by an unknown (at least to me) Boeing engineer to describe this phenomenon that occurs when all reference to scale is lost while staring at a computer screen.
This tendency (ok, obsession) to focus on the smallest of details is what makes me good at my job, but it's also the thing that causes me the most grief. That my friends, is the main purpose for this blog. Quite often, at least in hindsight, this obsession makes for some pretty humorous stories.
About Me
Live - Pacific Northwest - Seattle, WA
Family - Wife: Traci - Daughter: Lucy, 3 years old - Son: Parker, < 6 mo.