Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Patent

In September of 2007 I spent a week in Japan working on a redesign of the 787 lavatory handle assembly. It was somewhat of a whirlwind trip, working more than 80 jet-lagged hours in 6 days. I spent the week in a conference room filled with Boeing and Jamco managers, with my laptop connected to a projector and worked on the redesign while everyone watched. Working under such crazy deadlines is never fun, but doing it while a group of people look over your shoulder is a whole new level of excitement! In the end, it turned out pretty well; I was able to visit Tokyo, and ended up receiving a U.S. patent for the handle assembly.

I'd like to say that my first patent was for something more exciting than a door handle, but hey, I'll take what I can get. The patent is assigned to Boeing, since, per contract, everything Teague does for them is technically their property, but I'm listed as an "inventor". I always wanted to be an inventor when I grew up...



You can check it out here. US Patent No. D577984 S

2 Comments:

  1. Traci said...
    I especially like the unexpected $$ that we get when someone uses the patent! How fun! You need to invent more stuff. :)
    Lisa R.D. said...
    That is amazing! Did you put your signature somewhere in this design so that we'll know it when we see it :) ?

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home